Automation/ Instrumentation Technician
Date : 05 November 2020
Type : Full Time
Place: Saint-Pie, Québec, Canada
Under the responsibility of the Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the electromechanics on the shop floor, making sure the equipment works properly and participating in its improvement. You will be called upon to program and develop programs on intelligent components (PLC, VFD, Sensor or others) to optimize production, the robustness and reliability of the equipment. You will participate in various industrialization projects while collaborating with multidisciplinary teams.
1. Work and be actively involved in continuous improvement projects to improve equipment efficiency and production line controls;
2. Analyze and diagnose problems, seek robust and sustainable solutions to reduce stoppages and non-quality;
3. Correct, modify and optimize programs for PLC, HMI Sensor or any other intelligent components that will be associated to minor changes or system problems;
4. Provide technical expertise in the development of possible solutions to various continuous improvement projects;
5. Help train and develop other maintenance team members;
6. Communicate with various external manufacturers or subcontractors and their technical services, and participate in their start-up, repair, maintenance and improvement projects;
7. Develop and maintain operating and maintenance procedures for the various equipment and associated technical documents;
8. Carry out your tasks in a way that ensures your own safety and that of others, in agreement with the regulations in force and Groupe Lacasse policies..
- D.E.C. and/or A.E.C. Automation, Robotics and Instrumentation;
- 3-5 years of experience in a technical position in automation, robotics;
- Good knowledge of different types of communication and protocols (Optical Fiber, Ethernet, TCP IP, ETHERCAT, OPC UA);
- Knowledge of SCADA systems (data ordering and acquisition system);
- Good knowledge of electrical, electronic and plan reading;
- Good ability to communicate in French and English;
- Structured, precise and methodical;
- Important technical knowledge (Beckhoff, Siemens, Schneider, Sick or others);
- Very good interpersonal and effective communication skills;
- Exercises mobilizing and positive leadership.
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.