Sewing Machine Operator
Date : 11 November 2019
Type : Full-time
Place: Saint-Pie, QC, Canada
The sewing machine operator, according to specifications, assembles pieces of fabrics with industrial sewing machines.
- Assemble pieces of fabric according to the specifications and by respecting the sewing parameters, notches, stitching, etc.;
- Install binding and zippers;
- Sew different pieces used for padding;
- Piping preparation: loop (cord covered with a binding embedded in a seam) and finishing piping or padding;
- Make repairs;
- Inspect the alignment and strength of the seams;
- Prepare the machines, thread, position feet and needles, adjust length and tension of the thread;
- Basic maintenance of the sewing machines;
- Cut pieces of fabric as needed;
- Follow Workplace health and safety rules as well as factory regulations.
Machines used: serger, single stitch machine, bonding machine (two needles).
Fabrics used: Pellon, polyester, leather, leatherette, cotton, vinyl, etc.
- Good physical shape;
- Speed and precision;
- Versatility (in materials used, machines);
- Good dexterity;
- Thoroughness ;
- Secondary V or industrial sewing machine operation training (experience +/- 3 years);
- Should be able to use: 2-needle coverstitch machine (Rubinstein), single needle industrial electronic machine (Brother), 2-needle industrial electronic machine (Brother - Single Stitch) and overlock machine would be an asset.
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.