Credit and Collections Technician
Date : 22 December 2020
Type : Full Time
Place: Saint-Pie, Quebec, Canada
The Credit and Collections Technician works under the supervision of the Credit Coordinator and performs tasks related to credit activity and accounts receivable from a list of designated accounts in the U.S. and/or Canada. He/she follows the collection procedures established by Groupe Lacasse to ensure invoices are paid according to terms. He/she ensures that credit limits in relation to orders and accounts receivable remain current. Finally, he/she prioritizes active collection and reconciliation of accounts to reduce the Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) and delinquent accounts.
- Follow collection policies and procedures to minimize bad debts;
- Collect accounts receivable amounts to ensure that DSO and amounts collected objectives are met;
- Analyze deductions made on payments. Take action to resolve problems and have credits approved according to existing procedures;
- Reconciliate credits/debits in accounts;
- Perform research to resolve price and quotations issues and validate them;
- Work closely with Customer Care, Transportation, Order Entry and sales representatives to avoid problems causing late payments;
- Answer customer inquiries regarding disputed invoices and/or account balances;
- Analyze credit limits in relation to orders and take action to avoid holding orders by temporarily increasing credit limits, requesting deposits on orders or requesting a letter of guarantee, or other action;
- Performing any other relevant tasks;
- QCD in Commerce, Finance or Accounting and/or 3-5 years of experience in credit, collection, in a manufacturing environment (essential);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proven ability to achieve results through collaboration, negotiation and diplomacy.
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.