Distribution Center Agent
Date : 14 May 2019
Type : Full Time
Place: Saint-Pie, QC, Canada
Under the responsibility of the Shipping Supervisor, the Distribution Center Agent is responsible for providing a service of quality to customers and suppliers in relation to shipping raw material orders, while working closely with other departments involved and ensuring that the implemented operations policies and procedures are followed. The Distribution Center Agent also performs various administrative tasks related to the Shipping and Logistics department.
1. Coordinate the distribution of incoming trucks, respond to information requests from shipping companies concerning raw materials;
2. Validate new delivery addresses and keep delivery information up-to-date;
3. Prepare trailer billing information and custom papers;
4. Monitor the accuracy of orders and material ready for shipment (tracking);
5. Participate in the management of equipment inventory;
6. Create reports and transaction in multiple computer systems (some performed in the morning at 7 am);
7. Provide support in preparing the daily schedule of incoming pieces of furniture going to various storage locations;
8. Follow up with production, customer service and shipping companies concerning shipments of client’s orders to ensure compliance with their requests - only during vacation replacement periods.
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent (essential);
- 2-3 years experience in shipping logistics in a manufacturing environment;;
- Knowledge with Customs procedures (an asset);
- Bilingualism in both English and French, oral and written;
- Strong ability in planning and organizing work, high sense of priorities, rigor, high relational aptitudes.
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.