Date : 15 March 2019
Type : Full Time - Evening Shift
Place: Saint-Pie, QC, Canada
Under the responsibility of Engineering/Technical Service Manager, the Process Engineer provides support to engineering studies with the goal of integrating transformation lines at the cutting edge of current technologies, in a unionized environment. The Process Engineer has to keep posted on all available technical and process changes, in order to be an important asset in the process of continuous improvement for all Groupe Lacasse manufacturing facilities.
1. Participating in the analysis of engineering studies relating to equipment and manufacturing processes in order to optimize quality and cost;
2. Establishing and maintaining contact with suppliers to define specifications requirements, submitting technical information and analyzing results;
3. Ensuring the integration and functionality of the various computer systems in collaboration with the IT department;
4. Coordinating acquisition of equipment, from identification of need to start-up stage;
5. Participating in the design of plans and specifications for automated line integration projects;
6. Providing technical support for Production and the Maintenance Department for more specific troubleshooting;
7. Carrying out the transfer to manufacturing, including terminology linked to new equipment with Quality, Process, IT and Maintenance services;
8. Working with multidisciplinary groups to establish investment projects to improve quality and process costs;
9. Other related technical tasks associated to the Engineering Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering;
- 3-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec, an asset;
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, and knowledge of continuous process software;
- Bilingualism required: English and French, oral and written;
- Demonstrates good analytical skills, sound judgment, and critical insight;
- Candidate is rigorous, innovative and has good interpersonal skills.
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.