Date : 28 April 2022
Type : Full Time
Place: Saint-Pie, QC, Canada
Under the responsibility of the Engineering Manager, the Industrial Engineer participates in the improvement of existing technologies. He/she implements new manufacturing technologies in the field of thermofused laminate panel cutting, edgebanding and all types of machining related to the production of commercial office furniture. The Industrial Engineer recommends and applies tangible solutions for continuously improving and optimizing processes.
1. Participates in the analysis of engineering studies relating to equipment and manufacturing processes to optimize the production flow through the manufacturing plant;
2. Analyzes equipment and production shutdowns to propose improvements, then measures and integrates the findings into the specifications data log;
3. Participates to reduce raw material losses and improve machining times;
4. Provides innovative methods of programming parts on different equipment to maximize capacity, quality and productivity;
5. Validates the feasibility of commissioning new collections or special requests from the product design team and proposes improvements to existing collections;
6. Establishes and maintains contacts with suppliers to define specifications requirements, submits technical information and analysis results;
7. Ensures the integration and functionality of the various computer systems in collaboration with the IT department;
8. Works with multidisciplinary groups to establish investment projects to improve process costs and quality;
9. Participates in setting up training plans for operators and for the maintenance team;
10. All other related tasks targeted by the Engineering Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering;
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD (SQL is an asset);
- Must demonstrate autonomy, good analytical thinking, sound judgment and critical thinking;
- Must be rigorous, creative and have developed interpersonal skills;
- May be required to travel occasionally.
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.