Automated Production Engineer
Date : 06 May 2021
Type : Full Time
Place: Saint-Pie, QC, Canada
Under the responsibility of the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering, the Automated Production Engineer participates in the improvement of existing technologies. He/she implements new manufacturing technologies in the field of thermofused panel cutting, edgebanding and all types of machining related to the production of commercial office furniture. The Automated Production Engineer recommends and applies tangible solutions for continuously improving and optimizing integrated processes.
1. Participates in the analysis of engineering studies relating to equipment and manufacturing processes to optimize the production flow through the manufacturing plant;
2. Analyzes equipment shutdowns to propose improvements, then measures and integrates the findings into the specifications data;
3. Develops a special function to improve cutting and machining plans by optimizing machine programs and their different operating languages in order to reduce raw material losses and improve machining times. To be used by the staff of the production department (SPTI);
4. Provides innovative methods of programming parts on different equipment to production staff to maximize capacity, quality and productivity (SPTI);
5. Validates the feasibility of commissioning new collections or special requests from the product design team and proposes improvements to existing collections;
6. Establishes and maintains contacts with suppliers to define specifications requirements, submits technical information and analysis results;
7. Establishes machining capacity of existing and future installations in order to balance different production flows in the process, with the use of production flow modeling software;
8. Ensures the integration and functionality of the various computer systems in collaboration with the IT department;
9. Participates in the design of plans and specifications for automated line integration projects;
10. Works with multidisciplinary groups to establish investment projects to improve process costs and quality;
11. Participates in setting up training plans for operators and maintenance services;
12. All other related tasks targeted by the Manager of Manufacturing Engineering.
- Bachelor of Automated Production Engineering;
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment;
- Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec;
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office and AutoCAD (SQL is an asset);
- Programming language C ++, VBA, LISP (Twincat and code G are assets);
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.