Logistics Supervisor - Shipping - Day
Date : 05 February 2019
Type : Full Time
Place: Saint-Pie, QC, Canada
The Shipping Supervisor will be responsible for day-to-day inter-plan transportation as well as shipping and loading activities.
1. Planning, coordinating and supervising the work of unionized employees assigned to material reception, inventory, internal transportation, shipping and loading activities to serve our external and internal clients with rigor and proactivity;
2. Auditing and optimizing associated processes in a vision of continuous improvement and teamwork;
3. Analyzing customer complaints regarding shipments;
4. Focusing on profitability and on time delivery;
5. Coaching unionized employees to help them ensure safety, quality, efficiency, respect, and to empower them;
6. Collaborating in the management of warehouses, work equipment and pallet racking activities;
7. Maintaining a good inventory of finished products (in quantity and quality);
8. Optimizing available space;
9. Promoting health and safety at work, quality assurance and continuous improvement;
10. Performing relevant administrative tasks;
11. Other related tasks.
- 5 years experience in logistics management and supervision in a manufacturing environment (unionized, an asset);
- DCS in logistics management or any other training related to this field;
- Functional bilingualism in both French and English, oral and written (test during the hiring process);
- Ease with Microsoft Office software;
- Relational and conflict resolution skills;
- Leadership and innovation skills.
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.