Date : 02 January 2019
Type : Full Time
Place: Saint-Pie, QC, Canada
The role of the industrial designer consists in the design and development of new products, of new furniture collections corresponding to the current and future needs of the industry. The industrial designer participates in all stages of product creation such as the need statement, concept, prototyping, engineering, as well as manufacturing and marketing.
1. Research, design and development of ideas for the achievement of new product objectives;
2. Visual and oral communication of ideas/solutions using sketches, models, layouts, 2D and 3D renderings, reports and technical drawings;
3. Participation in the development and construction of formal and functional prototypes for validation purposes;
4. Product presentations to internal and external audiences;
5. Meeting and discussions with various suppliers and manufacturers to seek innovative or optimized solutions;
6. Participation in the proper conduct, monitoring and management of projects within a multidisciplinary team;
7. Participation in market researches with the Marketing department;
8. Evaluation and comparison of products from the competition;
9. Attend trade shows to acquire a better knowledge of the industry.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in manufacturing;
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent;
- Developed technical capabilities;
- Bilingualism required: English and French, oral and written;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software. Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe Creative Suite an asset;
- Ability to use Autocad, Pro-Engineer and Solidworks an asset;
- Interpersonal skills and project leadership required;
- Curious nature, creativity and autonomy appreciated.
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.