Sewing Machine Operator
Date : 31 January 2018
Place: Saint-Pie, QC, Canada
The sewing machine operator, according to specifications, assembles pieces of fabrics with industrial sewing machines.
1. Prepare the machines, thread, position feet and needles, adjust length and tension of the thread;
2. Assemble pieces of fabric according to the specifications and by respecting the sewing parameters, notches, stitching, etc.;
3. Install binding and zippers;
4. Sew different pieces used for padding;
5. Piping preparation: loop (cord covered with a binding embedded in a seam) and finishing piping or padding;
6. Make repairs;
7. Inspect the alignment and strength of the seams;
8. Basic maintenance of the sewing machines;
9. Cut pieces of fabric as needed;
10. Follow Workplace health and safety rules as well as factory regulations.
Machines used: serger, single stitch machine, bonding machine (two needles).
Fabrics used: Pellon, polyester, leather, leatherette, cotton, vinyl, etc.
- Secondary V or industrial sewing machine operation training (experience +/- 3 years);
- Should be able to use: 2-needle coverstitch machine (Rubinstein), single needle industrial electronic machine (Brother), 2-needle industrial electronic machine (Brother - Single Stitch) and serger would be an asset;
- Speed, Precision, good dexterity, thoroughness.
Apply for this job
All fields identified by an asterisk (*) are mandatory.