Groupe Lacasse and LEED®
To learn how Groupe Lacasse products may support LEED® rating systems, please click on one of the following links:
It's our corporate responsibility to contribute to the preservation of natural resources and to ensure that our operations have the least possible impact on the environment. We choose suppliers who support our efforts to reduce deforestation. The majority of our products are manufactured from particleboard, made from 100% post-industrial recycled materials. We recover the cuttings from all our activities and even sawdust for power cogeneration. What’s more, we sort and recycle plastic, steel and aluminum.
Our Saint-Pie, QC and Bruce, MS facilities are certified ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14 001:2004.
Groupe Lacasse is committed to pursuing sustainable development practices. We are constantly looking for innovative ways to make our products and manufacturing processes more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable, while maintaining our ability to satisfy consumer demands for superior product quality and value.
- We design our furniture primarily of particleboard manufactured from 100% recycled post-industrial material.
- Modular format of furniture makes it easy to rearrange workspaces
- Metal-on-metal assembly makes it easy to assemble/disassemble furniture, thus prolonging its useful life.
- We have developed a new type of tasklight that makes it possible to reduce energy consumption by 40% (when compared to our previous task light).
- Designs that use translucent materials, which diffuse natural light and provide users with a view, help reduce energy consumption and improve the aesthetic quality of a workspace.
- When possible, we choose local suppliers.
- To reduce landfill waste in the manufacturing of our products, we use sawdust for power cogeneration, and sort and recycle PVC plastic, steel, and aluminum.